rookie diver on diving holiday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've been diving since May this year (owd), I have 14 logged dives. I love it, so in September I'm going on a AOWD course. In the meanwhile I'm going backpacking to Ireland and I thought I might use the opportunity to dive some while being there. But I'm a bit scared, since I'm new to it and am worried that I'd have an accident if no one really kept an eye on me (like the instructors from my local club did). What do you think? :06:

Know how you feel. Im up to 25 dives and am lucky enough to have become good freinds with my dive instructor. Always feel safe when i dive with him. However I do ocassionaly dive with strangers and its amasing how you tend to be very concisous of your own saftey and well being and basicially you tend to take control of your own destiny. When I dive with a new buddy I ask heaps of questions very politly about levels of experience etc. Tend to request pairing up with more experience divers rather than less. However i will always opt out if in doubt. Good luck, when u hit Australia maybe we can have a dive.
cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom