Rollcall Sacramento!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wilton, I guess you could say south south Sac. Just south of Elk Grove. My wife and I and kids all dive so were usually a packed house but sometimes its just my wife and I.

Twiddles! Long time no see! Good to see you on the boards again. :D

Jim, always a pleasure diving/teaching with you! i want to get a few people together and dive the powerhouse in lake natomas

Pardon my intrusion here but diving in Lake Natomas? My wife and I travel to Folsom every other month or so to visit family and we stopped into a dive shop on E. Bidwell (Diver’s Cove?) and asked about local diving. We were told, “The diving up here sucks, bad vis and nothing to see.” I thought, wow, what a great place to open a dive shop!:D

Seriously, I would like to try lake diving and what better way to spend part of the day. Better than sitting around listening to the women chatter on, and I’ve already been to the Folsom zoo, twice!

Part time sacto resident, ready to dive anytime I'm in the state.

Well Dave if you like 6-8 foot vis and the occasional bass, then Folsom lake is just what you need.
I wouldn't mind trying the boulder field below the rainbow bridge tho. maybe find some sunglasses?

Pardon my intrusion here but diving in Lake Natomas? My wife and I travel to Folsom every other month or so to visit family and we stopped into a dive shop on E. Bidwell (Diver’s Cove?) and asked about local diving. We were told, “The diving up here sucks, bad vis and nothing to see.” I thought, wow, what a great place to open a dive shop!:D

Seriously, I would like to try lake diving and what better way to spend part of the day. Better than sitting around listening to the women chatter on, and I’ve already been to the Folsom zoo, twice!

Dave.

Let us know when you are going to be here...

We can always set a day to dive tahoe!!!

ALot of us would also enjoy just meeting you and the wife for dinner if we can not dive.

Funny note about living in our area. Was on the Cypress Sea a couple months ago when someone there asked if I dove much in Folsom Lake. No was my reply. About a week later was somewhere else talking about the dive when someone asked where I lived, said Elk Grove and they asked - wow - you dive Folsom Lake much...

So I say to my self, self - why does everyone ask me if I dive Folsom much - lets ask. So I ask the fella why and he says there is the city or town in the lake. When it was built or whatever I guess the town was left there and is at a depth of 130' or so. When the lake is low I guess you can get to it and its within rec limits.

Fact or myth - I don't know. But every time I tell someone I'm from the area they right away ask if I dove the lake to check it out. I have dived in the lake a couple times but it was for classes only and very poor visibility even when it was just us. Crawdads and bass aside - nothing I'd probably say was much fun other then honing skills and getting wet.

Dave.

Let us know when you are going to be here...

We can always set a day to dive tahoe!!!

ALot of us would also enjoy just meeting you and the wife for dinner if we can not dive.

Will do Jim, thanks for the invite! I really would like to dive Lake Tahoe someday real soon.

Back
Top Bottom