Roll Call for CSSP, Saturday July 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I miss the monthly meeting. Did not get out of the office in Lewisville until 7PM.
I am gong to be out there. Trying to gather rental equipment together.

I am out for another weekend and my new schudule looks like I will be out of diving on Saturdays and Sundays for a while. 6am to 6pm looks like every weekend for a while. Maybe I can start diving on Fridays. This sucks I liked having my weekends off.

I *might* be there.. white F-150, "Denton Shed & Doghouse" on the sides & tailgate. My ear is bothering me, got a case of swimmer's ear... if it clears up, I think I could make it.

--'Goose

Okey-doke, I'll plan on going to our usual spot, near the "Beast Bench".

Dutchman, I drive a red two-door Tahoe, what will you be driving?

One dive Texass? :wink: Kinda sounds good, guess I should get one of those passes too.

Goose, I hope the ear gets better, but seriously, ya might not wanna dive until its been better a few days. Been there, done that. Usually it takes some antibiotics to get rid of mine.

UndrWatrDan, I don't think we've met. I'll try to swing by and say hello. Are you setting up near the airfill station or abit further down?

L-D, you know what they say about all work and no play....................... :D

C-ya soon ya'll!

TruckDiver:
Okey-doke, I'll plan on going to our usual spot, near the "Beast Bench".

Dutchman, I drive a red two-door Tahoe, what will you be driving?

One dive Texass? :wink: Kinda sounds good, guess I should get one of those passes too.

Goose, I hope the ear gets better, but seriously, ya might not wanna dive until its been better a few days. Been there, done that. Usually it takes some antibiotics to get rid of mine.

UndrWatrDan, I don't think we've met. I'll try to swing by and say hello. Are you setting up near the airfill station or abit further down?

L-D, you know what they say about all work and no play....................... :D

C-ya soon ya'll!

I'll take that advice...Better to be on the surface wishing I was underwater, than underwater wishing I was on the surface.

I'm sittin' this one out, guys, look forward to seeing you soon.

--'Goose

My wife and I are planning on going to CSSP on Sunday, for those of you who went out today, what were the conditions?

Not so good.

Vis was around 10-15' around the 2 docks and went down to nothing as we headed south. At one point I could see Truckdiver's hand just fine, but not his body. The "fog" did give the dive a bit of a cheesy horror flick feel to it that was kind of fun.

Up in the cove by the plane it was closer to 15' with some white fog patches.

The good news: the coldest temp I registered was 72 degrees.

Viz was really bad down around Cisco. Taking a bearing shot on it from the silos, we cruised the floor and counted cycles. Once we hit and confirmed with each other that we should be on top of it, we ran a search pattern and came up with zip.

So we surfaced to take a looksee and we were less than 10 ft from the buoy. :eek: We guessed we swam by it at least twice without seeing it.

The boat wasn't quite as bad, but you couldn't see more than 1/2 of the vessel at any point.

The hydrilla west of the boat were quite clear and had about a 20ft vis. Lots of bass and a couple turtles.

A special note is that the stone entry ramp that had been closed for the last year or so is now open. Other than having to swim in/out through a designated channel, it's a nice quiet place to SIT and set up camp.

Back
Top Bottom