Roll call: Any old NASDS divers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It must have been a chronic caffeine shortage, but I just realized.

If there are ANY NASDS DIVERS OUT HERE, we're all likely to wear the word "old".

Unless someone was certified as a kid and has been in a stasis pod for the last forty or fifty years, you know.(G)

I am in the process of creating a Power point presmtation on The History of Civilian Dive manuals - 1948 to 1980.

One manual tat I will feature is the NASDS Dive manual Safe SCUBA copyright 1972 by the late great Bill Hogan and the National Association of Skin Diving Schools.

It is a well presented well organized profusely illustrated 112 page hard cover book.

It appears with minor changes the very same book that Antony Zimos placed his name on as the author about a decade later .

I often quested how that could have occurred ? And when did Tony's name first appear on this fine book as the author

Is there any one who has an extra copy of Tony's edition who would be willing to part with it for a good cause

Sam Miller, III

CC
@annezimos

I am in the process of creating a Power point presmtation on The History of Civilian Dive manuals - 1948 to 1980.

One manual tat I will feature is the NASDS Dive manual Safe SCUBA copyright 1972 by the late great Bill Hogan and the National Association of Skin Diving Schools.

It is a well presented well organized profusely illustrated 112 page hard cover book.

It appears with minor changes the very same book that Antony Zimos placed his name on as the author about a decade later .

I often quested how that could have occurred ? And when did Tony's name first appear on this fine book as the author

Is there any one who has an extra copy of Tony's edition who would be willing to part with it for a good cause

Sam Miller, III

CC
@annezimos

Tony wrote that book from scratch - I'd have to go and look upstairs in the attic to get you the exact date. He wrote that book during long nights when he couldn't sleep after Vietnam. That book was his life's work.

By the way - I won't part with my copies of his books - they are too special to me. I know you understand. I am available if you would like to speak, though!

It is interesting the books have the same name and so far as I can ascertain the same cover -- but -- that was Goffney Gaffney !

Yes I would like to chat
PM me your contact numbers and I will telephone you
I would like Tony's book publication date and ISBN or ICCC numbers so I can acquire a copy via the used book market -- With that information I can be positive I am acquiring a book the book authored by your late husband

Or if not agreeable just post the ISBN & ICCC numbers as well as the publication date on thus board

SDM

Mike Burke NASDS OWI # 1

Mike Burke was a fellow LA Co UW Instructor as well as a very early cross over to NASDS Mike was the very first OWI of NASDS

His last known address was in pacific north west either in US or Canada

Any one know Mike or his status ?

Sam Miller,111
A good friend, Jack Rudder, was a single digit instructor in Lake Jackson, Tx.

Just curious if there is any of us left
Sill breathing...nasds 11/1971 Divers Dock Sunnyvale CA Charlie Brown card # g 2787
Stil have original tic card with microfiche data in the card. Camel river beach Camel Ca..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom