Rod holder flagpole with 20"x24" dive flag introductory offer - New sponsor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
First, I just want to say hello and introduce myself as a new business advertiser here on ScubaBoard.com.
We produce a unique flagpole that fits into rod holders of all sizes with an adjustable base for a snug fit and adjustable clips for flags up to 3' in height. You can see our products at Home Page

As a way of introducing our product to the scuba community, we are offering a special buy on our 48" rod holder flagpole with a 20"x24" dive flag at $34.99. Thats $10 off the regular price. The flagpole can also be adjusted for different sized flags by sliding the clips up and down.

We are also having an August Photo contest for our customers with a chance to win a free flagpole and choice of flag.

Please visit our website for more details at Home Page

You can also view posts from our customers for feedback on the product by visiting Flag Poles for Rod Holders and Rocket Lanchers - New Product - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Thanks for looking,
Chris Cromley

I'm curious also, I have one rod holder that I use for the flag, it was built in the frame of the canopy, and it came with a plastic insert. For years I've used a regular flag pole with very good results.
Both the flag and the pole are showing the wear and tear, maybe this assembly can be the replacement.

Not much information there. Questions:

1. What material(s) are your flag holders made of?
The rod is solid 1/2" fiberglass set in a PVC base. The clamps are plastic with stainless steel clips.

2. What diameter pole does the flag holder accept?
Not quite sure what you mean. The flagpole and base will fit into standard size rod holder. The base is adjustable to fit snugly into both larger and smaller diameter rod holders. We have never had an issue where it did not fit into a customers rod holder.

3. Do you have any photos of the holder that shows the design?
Yes and I will try and attach but having problems with the pics uploading here today. I have new labels coming in and am waiting to take better pics but this should give you an idea.

Tried to upload but they wont. Give me a few and I will host them and post them :D

ReelDreams was one of our first customers and gave the flagpole one of its best stress tests by leaving it in the overhead rod holder and taking out some branches while trailering. No damage to the flagpole...the tree lost some parts :)
These are extremely tough.

Base configured for large rod holders typical of t-tops.

PICT0001 by Boating Flagpoles, on Flickr

Base showing removal of end caps for use in smaller diameter rod holders.

PICT0002 by Boating Flagpoles, on Flickr

Base configured for small rod holders commonly used in boat gunnels.

PICT0003 by Boating Flagpoles, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm curious also, I have one rod holder that I use for the flag, it was built in the frame of the canopy, and it came with a plastic insert. For years I've used a regular flag pole with very good results.
Both the flag and the pole are showing the wear and tear, maybe this assembly can be the replacement.

More than happy to answer any questions. We have hundreds of these in service and everyone has been very happy. Theres nothing wrong with making something that works for you, this is just a nice alternative that looks and performs well. The clips allow you to quickly and easily switch out flags if you want and they are adjustable so you can fly different sized flags or multiple flags.
Thanks for looking!

Reactions: Ana
Well I have one coming my way. I will let you know how it works out for me.

Pic courtesy of scubaboard member ReelDreams:

IMG_0878.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom