Rockport…it begins again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I imagine the people who don’t want visitors ruining their view, taking parking spots etc. are completely different from the people who need tourism to support their jobs and businesses.

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13
I imagine the people who don’t want visitors ruining their view, taking parking spots etc. are completely different from the people who need tourism to support their jobs and businesses.

But when there propery values drop to half they might change there tune

• Funny
Reactions: OTF
But when there propery values drop to half they might change there tune
Yeah, no. Their oceanfront property values aren’t going to drop. Maybe from a freak hurricane trashing the place but not this.

Divers are easy targets, because they are pretty certain they are not local and need to load and unload cars, which makes them great targets for complaints.

Really the local-locals know divers are part of the landscape and I doubt they have any complaints as long as we behave. People who bought houses in the winter and find out what the parking and pedestrian situation is like are the ones likely to complain. They get their panties in a twist because they think they need to “fix it” so they can have the one percenter serenity they think bought. If they could, they would roll rock off the parapets and have the gardeners putting razor wire in the moat.

Back
Top Bottom