Rocket vs Jet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

art.chick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Someone in my group said, "I have Jetfins, but what I really wish I had was Rocket Fins." Everyone agreed. I have never used Rocket fins. Is there a difference, or did these guys have some kind of coolness image with the Rocket fins? If I have jetfins, would a pair of Rocket fins do anything different or will I just have 2 pair of rubber fins? (Sorry, I was too shy to look dumb in front of my mentors & theri friends by asking at the time.)

I've used both. There is a huge difference! I'll never use Rockets again. They are a very poor copy of Jets and don't work nearly as well. I dive with Jets all the time, I've yet to find anything that works as well.

I agree with Walter... (it's in the rubber)... Rockets are an inferior copy...

Scuba Pro Jets are the way to go... of course this is part of a great conspiracy to get you to spend less...

btw Turtles (if you can use the larger foot pocket) are an even match if not better than the Jets...

I knew I could count on you guys for some straight dope! Sometimes my mentors seek out vintage-looking gear (probably to uphold their contention that fancy gadgets dont make a diver) and I don't know how much of it's nostalgia & how much is actual concern fo quality. I will save my money on the Rockets & wait for a used gear table to deliver my gorgeous yellow jetfins! (Duckfeet! Students can see 'em from a mile away!)

I'm not kidding.

I bought a pair of Rocket fins at a dive shop that had a fire.
The were "Smoke Damaged" and cost 5 bucks.
I used them for 2 years and then retired them. They were OK if you didn't have to mess around in current.

I jest thee not!

Back
Top Bottom