Rock Lake/Agua Negra, N.M.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome. :) I'm leaving for Turks and Caicos next Saturday. I need to email Rob and see when he's going to be in Santa Rosa and try to make some dives.

Rock Lake is a deep (280FFW at center, approx 200FFW at edges) vertical shaft with limited visibility. It is also not terribly warm, though warmer in general than Blue Hole. It is risky enough that the owner does not want just anybody there. I have dove there with two different groups, Rob Calkins out of Flatirons Scuba and Robin Bashor, Deeper Blue Scuba. I don't know of anyone else that has permission, but Bert likely does (I have dove it with him as part of Robin's group).
It is beautiful in its own way.

Let me know if you guys are planning on doing Rock Lake,,,,I would like to see if the schd. works,,and hooking up for some deep diving there. Thanks

Rock is difficult to dive at times. Ms. Ladyhawk is very careful about who she lets on the property for liability reasons and the fact that several divers have gotten bent there.

Jason is correct about the requirements, plus she also requires a AOW cert, which is no big deal in itself but with the other hassle getting in, (going to her ranch and hanging around to give her the releases and other documents) the $20/diver/day she charges and getting the liability insurance thing this limits a LOT of divers.

It's been almost a year since I've dove there but we are intending to return, maybe in the spring.

Rock is difficult to dive at times. Ms. Ladyhawk is very careful about who she lets on the property for liability reasons and the fact that several divers have gotten bent there.

Jason is correct about the requirements, plus she also requires a AOW cert, which is no big deal in itself but with the other hassle getting in, (going to her ranch and hanging around to give her the releases and other documents) the $20/diver/day she charges and getting the liability insurance thing this limits a LOT of divers.

It's been almost a year since I've dove there but we are intending to return, maybe in the spring.

Kevin..... thanks man for jumping in on this thread with the info. and insight-helps out. I would not be interested in anything other than a 'get the feel type dive' followed by a staged 200+ffw mix dive. Sounds like she makes it difficult for divers to gain access....if you guys head that way in the spring please drop me a PM. :wink:

Kevin..... thanks man for jumping in on this thread with the info. and insight-helps out. I would not be interested in anything other than a 'get the feel type dive' followed by a staged 200+ffw mix dive. Sounds like she makes it difficult for divers to gain access....if you guys head that way in the spring please drop me a PM. :wink:

You Bet!!

Back
Top Bottom