Rock boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If i wear a size 13 shoe. I should go with size 14 or 15 dui rock?

It's going to depend on the thickness of your insulation and if tightness will make your feet too cold. IMHO, as a general rule, Rockboots one size oversize will accomodate insulation suitable for one hour dives in water temps down to 45*F.

My extremities get cold easily, especially when constricted, and I like to do dives lasting 90 minutes or more, even in very cold water. I tend to need more foot insulation and more roominess. By the way, my idea of adequate warmth is actual comfort, not a bearable level of discomfort. :wink:

To give you some idea of what Rockboots one size oversize can accomodate, my Merino socks are about 3/16" thick per single layer and I can squeeze two pairs into a boot only one size oversize. Unfortunately, the tightness makes my feet colder than if I wore only one pair, loosely laced. Two pair of those socks will fit inside a boot two sizes oversized and still allow the amount of air I like. In the two sizes oversized boot, I can actually squeeze in Weezle socks with the two pairs of wool socks, but it's too tight and colder as a result.

Another limiting factor for you might end up being the size of the neoprene socks on your drysuit. Three layers on my size 10 feet is a little tight in my size Large drysuit socks, which I'm guessing cover a size range of 10 to 13. You may be able to get a larger sock on your suit, but keep it in mind.

I think it's safe to say that avoiding constriction will be helpful for staying warm in cold water, so plan ahead. :D

Dave C

I just purchased a pair of Bare Rock Boots. I normally wear size 12 shoes and the Rock boots are a size 12 as well but, they are huge. Are the boots supposed to fit a little big so, I don't lose the thermal quality of my DUI polartech booties. They fit like a 13 or 14 regular shoe would fit.

+1. Glad to see more Chuck Taylor dive team members! Like the anchor pattern! For cold water go at least 2 sizes larger.

Here's my latest

Attachments

• dive boots 002.jpg
    dive boots 002.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 154
Define good---are they easy to get on and off in the cold(ice diving) and on boat dives?
Define rock boots---dui's rock boots.
I'm looking for a new dry suit---it's down to a dui with rock boot or a viking with attached boots.
Any feedback would be helpful?

I have used "attached" and also currently in the DUI Rock Boot. No sure why but I really prefer the seperate boot.

Back
Top Bottom