Rock boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
can i use the rockboots with my wetsuit? will the shoe fit in my large jets?

You *could* wear rock boots with your wetsuit, but they don't provide any insulation on their own. They're just heavy canvas boots - no neoprene - so they won't keep your feet warm. You've have to wear something underneath to keep your feet warm...

And as for those who ask about wearing regular neoprene booties with your drysuit, of course you can do that as well...but you're going to have to buy booties several sizes larger in order to accomodate the bulkiness of whatever you're wearing under the dry sock of your drysuit for insulation (i.e. wool socks, fleece booties, thinsulate booties), plus the dry sock of the dry suit itself. So while that may address the issue of the bulkiness of the rock boot itself, you *still* may not find that you can wear your same fins because you're going to have to wear booties at *least* several sizes larger than what you wear over bare feet in a wetsuit....

That may not be a problem with attached boots such as the Turbosoles - I don't know - never tried those....

Spoon:
can i use the rockboots with my wetsuit? will the shoe fit in my large jets?

Fit will depend on what size boot you get.

With regards to a sock. My buddy wears lightweight neoprene socks he got from Campmor. I wear the neoprene sock DUI sells for rockboot conversion to wetsuit. I actually got the idea from Dick Long at one of DUI Dog Demo's at Gilboa Quarry about 4 years ago. I'll never go back to a regular wetsuit bootie. For me they just don't hold up very long....the insides start going to pieces quickly. I don't have that problem with the rockboots and neo bootie.

And I just don't understand the "bulky" issue some seem to have....I don't find them any bulkier than the attached drysuit bootie. I've had both and I just don't see the difference....and to be honest, the Rockboot is more sure-footed than the attached bootie.

Just my 2 cents.

sharkster:
This is a bit off-topic, but are Bare's Trek Boots equivalent/better/worse than DUI's Rock Boots?

This is just my personal opinion of course:
I find the Bare Trek Boots to be more comfortable and flexible; however, they are a bit wider than the DUI Rock Boots. When I got my Bare Trek Boots, I had to get new fins to fit them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom