Rock Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the Chuck Taylors. Cheap and easy to find. You can get them all kinds of colors and you can 3 pair for what you would pay for a pair of rock boots. I have a friend that has screaming yellow Chucks and he has used them for 2 years now without a problem.

I read the initial post again. He said, 9 1/2 size...
I am 8 1/2 and go with rock boot size 10 and XL jet fin.

Jason is right. You had better add one size up to my size...

scubadobadoo:
You will need 10 rock boots and maybe 11 if you use really thick socks, bunting, or two pair as I often do. Size 10 rock boots equal turtle fins fitting perfectly or XXL jets fitting a little loose but I like them that way. XL Jets will be too small. I repeat, XL Jets will be too small. BTW, I have the same size shoe and already went through the whole Jets sizing thing. Even my wife's size 8 rock boot was a little tight with XL Jets. Now, XL SPLIT Jets will be perfect with 10-11 rock boots. Check out kidspot's excellent "boots/sizing with Jets post"...Do a search...good luck!

One other thing...you might want to try on a pair of the bare trek boots. With those you may be able to keep your XL Jets as the trek boots are a bit smaller than the rock boots.

Back
Top Bottom