rock boots or turbo soles for CF200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRik

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am going to purchase a new CF200X and would like any opinions regarding either getting rock boots or turbo soles.
Thanks

ScubaRik:
I am going to purchase a new CF200X and would like any opinions regarding either getting rock boots or turbo soles.
Thanks

I use rock boots. They're a pain sometimes, but I like that I can replace them instead of the turbo soles. I can put my suit on in the parking lot and hike to the water w/o concern for the suit.

I've got the turbo soles, and love them. But, they do not provide much support. I do mainly boat dives, so no long walks on the sand where the foot support would help. A word of caution with the rock boots; if you take them off, then you only have the CF200 material on your feet-no protection, so, either take off the DS, or, be VERY carefull where you walk.

I've got turbo soles and have hiked into a dive with them no problems. Same pair for five years with no separation. What I like is you don't have to buy a bigger pair of fins like you do with rock boots.

hallmac

I opted for the rock boots and hated them, hate is a strong word, but yeah I HATED them.

Safe to assume that I prefer the turbo sole.

save a few bucks and get the turbo. Spend the extra cash on the zip seals.

First off let me say that I only do boat dives. I had turbo soles on my CF200 for 13 years. Never wore them out. Rock boots may be good if you mostly beach dives & have to hike over rocks & such. Otherwise I see them as just more gear to mess with.

I have a question: Why is it that they don't put a "pad" (kinda like the knee pads) underneathe the feet of soft boots? That way when your changing they're not a vulnerable to damage before you put on the Rock Boots?

Also do turbo soles fit into smaller fin sizes (unlike the rock boots)?

I prefer the turbo soles for my boat diving and one less piece of equipment to lose. Also, I have seen divers order the DUI suit with the drysocks and buy a pair of Converse All-Stars 1 size larger, far less expensive and more durable.

Don

P.S. Watch for early Summer sales for your drysuit.......

how do you keep your fins on w/ tubo soles while inverted? w/o duct tape. i had tubo soles but kept loosing fins and now have rock boots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom