rock boots or regular dry suit boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of my buddies use Whites rock boots. The tread pattern is far better for shore diving than "standard" boots. The problem I have with them is convenience and comfort. I find that the socks tend to bunch up, although that is partly due to my smaller than normal feet. My vote is for built-in boots.

Unless you have the need for a rugged sole shoe while for before and after dives just get the tubo soles. I like them because of rocky entries and long hikes to dive sites. Warmth discussion is stupid, get a thermalite sock. Another option is to get a cheap pair of shoes to wear (like converse).

TrojanCatMan:
Unless you have the need for a rugged sole shoe while for before and after dives just get the tubo soles. I like them because of rocky entries and long hikes to dive sites. Warmth discussion is stupid, get a thermalite sock. Another option is to get a cheap pair of shoes to wear (like converse).

The one constant thing I've heard from turbosole owners,myself included,is that it is a weak point on the suit and has a tendency to leak. I didn't cherish the thought of putting new turbosoles on,and have a more problems in the future plus a very high expense,I had DiveRite 905 boots installed,and have never regretted it.

actually, that is true of me as well.

my GUI turbosoles are leaking, though not by much. they're pretty much coated with aquaseal on the inside, and they still leak.

lest you say i don't know how to fix them properly, i had Steve "Drysuit Guru" Gamble work on the turbosoles, and he says they're hopeless.

I had the exact same problem,and even after significant aquaseal,the problem got progessively worse. I trust Steve because he works on so many drysuits,he sees trends and recurring problems. (When people want to buy a drysuit he is a good person to talk to,because the suits he doesn't see much of,are the suits to own). I was at his shop in frustration ( and a beer),and told him put some different boots on,and that is where the idea was born to put DR 905 boots on. I should have trademarked it,because it is growing in popularity.

Aren't those the same as the DV boots? They look really close if they're not.

karstdvr:
I had the exact same problem,and even after significant aquaseal,the problem got progessively worse. I trust Steve because he works on so many drysuits,he sees trends and recurring problems. (When people want to buy a drysuit he is a good person to talk to,because the suits he doesn't see much of,are the suits to own). I was at his shop in frustration ( and a beer),and told him put some different boots on,and that is where the idea was born to put DR 905 boots on. I should have trademarked it,because it is growing in popularity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom