Robert Couvillon (Couv)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not good in remember name but his avatar, cover of Jethro Tull's record of Aqualung, certainly caught my attention in the beginning. Picked up a lot of useful tips on regulator servicing. hard to replace.
I hope SB will gather all his threads for us to read.

RIP

Really sad news.
In 2019 I first subscribed on Scubaboard for searching help fixing a SP MK15 first stage.
Couv and Lowviz were the two guys helping me solving the issue with a nice deal: I swapped my MK15 with a mint MK10 sent me by Couv, while my MK15 went to Lowiz, who was searching for one.
We had many other fruitful interactions, and after building an aluminum mold for creating SPEC boots for the MK10 I ended up giving it to Couv, who hopefully made good use of it.
He was really a great resource, providing his deep knowledge to everyone.
It is thanks to these two guys that I am here now...

Just catching up on emails and SB posts after the Christmas break... was shocked to first learn of Robert's sudden passing via an email from his wife Julie.
Rob and I had exchanged many emails and DM's over the years, I bought regs and spares off him and found him to be very generous and patient in sharing his knowledge of DIY SCUBA repairs.
Vale Couv, you will be sadly missed...

It's amazing how many of us were helped out by Roberts generosity. I to found parts to rebuild and upgrade some Mk V's and 109's through him. People like him made getting into DIY and Vintage very enjoyable. He will be missed.

Back to SB and I see this sad news...
I got a 108 from him and it came as "better than new". I have never dared to wet it
Thanks Couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom