Rob Murphy Loses Legs to Boater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UCFKnightDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
wondering if anyone has any more info, all I know right now is a guy was diving down in west palm beach today, and was coming up at the end of his third dive when he was run over by a boat, and had both his legs amputated at the knees, heard this from a nurse at St. Marys Hospital.

Thank you for passing on the information. It's a terrible tragedy and Rob has a long road to heal. My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery are with him!

It will be interesting to see how this all goes down. I haven't had to deal with a boat, but I have had a few runins with jet skis!

Be safe out there!
Carolyn:shark2:

The divers were not in the St Lucie River... they were offshore on the reef line.

The press has really screwed it up this time.

He was brought back into the intercoastal waterway to get medical help.

This thread has all the information by divers who were there and even posts from Rob Murphy, the victom, who is recovering very quickly. He stated "I remember everything." http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Chad

Last edited:
I didn't know this guy, but boy that sucks in the worst way. I'm glad he didn't lose his life as well. All because of a careless boater. My prayers for a quick recovery. I like to dive in this area as often as I can, and have used several local charters. I came across this link and thought it was very cool of Sandy to do this. Unique Specialties I can't be there, but maybe she can fill the boat and help out a little. Quite a testament to what a great lady she is!

This is the 1st I saw of this!!! It is terrible to hear of something like that! Our thought go out to him and his family.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom