Roatan? Stick a fork in it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will be built where property is cheaper- because it is simply less desirable due to wind/wave and great distance from reef. Not Roatan’s best diving by a long shot, but it’s Margaritaville… it doesn’t matter. (clue: West end. North side)

Buy the t-shirt, sing drunk songs that caused this, get the souvenir mug, go home.

Things change. This matches up nicely with recently announced plans for airport upgrades.
Except that recent announcement was more than 5 years ago.

Is the airport I've experienced over the last three years the new and improved version? Including the airport dog? (It was a nice dog.)

1708084044098.png

I heard it's going to be in Mudhole, did you hear the same Doc?

Reactions: Doc
I heard it's going to be in Mudhole, did you hear the same Doc?
And, as Dixon Cove became “Mahogany Bay”…

How will they sanitize “Mud Hole” to better appeal to the parrot headed masses?

Mud Hole is the logical choice. The right people own the land, it’s going to need a LOT of shoreline digging (kiss the reef West of there goodbye). it’s real close to the “true island vibe” available on West End.

They are building a Margaritaville in Galveston too. Right on the last little stretch of natural beach on the east end. None of the locals are amused.

Except that recent announcement was more than 5 years ago.

Is the airport I've experienced over the last three years the new and improved version? Including the airport dog? (It was a nice dog.)
The current airport is actually pretty nice. The older version had no a/c. Basically bag check was a roof over a couple tables and fans.
The more comfortable and easier things get, the larger the draw. It seems to be getting harder and harder to find things uncomfortable enough to keep the masses at bay.
Guess we saw the beginning of the end when the Fastfood chains popped up. Or maybe it was when we had electricity all day and night. Cell service...WiFi. No where to hide anymore.:( Not sure if experiencing the "good old days" is a good thing. You don't miss what you never had.
Wow, I sound old......:p

It seems to be getting harder and harder to find things uncomfortable enough to keep the masses at bay.
Guess we saw the beginning of the end when the Fastfood chains popped up. Or maybe it was when we had electricity all day and night. Cell service...
(This is now my 40th year)
The “cola wars”, Pepsi vs Coke was my “canary in the coal mine”. It actually happened on Roatan just as it did in the US.

IMG_4424.jpeg

Note the mountain in the background is g.o.n.e.

@Doc,

I'll see your Roatan '85 and raise you a Guanaja '85 TAN-SAHSA terminal. :wink:

rRIZA0k.jpg

We are waiting on the same DC3 from Roatan to head back to La Ceiba.

"Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded." - Yogi Berra.

Thankfully Roatan isn't there yet. Bonaire is also getting progressively built-up. The Caribbean is starting to sound like one of those 'last chance to see' things. You guys are depressing me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom