Roatan Photos, Part 3 (Scorpionfish and my best photo ever)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are a couple of scorpionfish from Roatan. I think that this first photo might be my one of my best, ever. The full sized photo is much sharper. I love the colors and the composition. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions on how I could have improved it.

Scorpionfish2.jpg

This other fish had a nice violet color, even his eyes.

Scorpionfish.jpg

Thanks for the comments on my past posts from the trip.

David

Gear:

Camera: Olympus C-5060WZ
Macro Lense: Inon UCL-165
Housing: Ikelite
Strobe: Ikelite DS-125 with TTL

Once again, WOW! Besides the subjects, I love the clarity and composition of your photos. You do outstanding work!

Nice shots! Love the colors.

Great shots! Composition is terrific. I like how you filled up the background in the first photo with a background that doesn't over power the foreground but still adds interest.

Excellent job! Both the fore and backgrounds are in good proportion. Composition and off center positioning of the primary subject is very nice!

Nice work, really nice... wonderful light, colors and flash control.
When I look at those pictures, I quickly see that the 1st one is the best.
Here are my feelings looking at it:
- Wondrefull photograph;
- Great color;
- Great detail;
- Nice fish...
- humm
- Maybe a little closer...
- There is some foreground objetcs out of focus with not so pleasant color, thats a bit annoying.
- Really should have tryed to get closer and see what would it look like...

I would try got get closer and avoid these parts, something like this:
Scorpionfish2x.jpg

Not exactly like it, but "something like it"... Could you have done it? Could you get closer? Did you try and it fled? Were you using a zoom lens?
Keep in mind that these should be taken as "highly advanced advice", something I am used to talk about only with the most accomplished photographers I know.

Keep it up, you are very good already. Never stop thinking how can you get better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom