Roatan or Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman's post #3 is spot on!

Thank you all for helping us make up our minds!

I agree. Great information. Thanks all.

We are going to Bonaire and stay at Buddy's. Right now with the specials, we can get it as low as US$660pp/sext through ~ ~ ~ Buddy Dive Resort, Bonaire ~ ~ ~. I won't book anything just yet. I'll probably wait til August.

We are going to Bonaire and stay at Buddy's. Right now with the specials, we can get it as low as US$660pp/sext through ~ ~ ~ Buddy Dive Resort, Bonaire ~ ~ ~. I won't book anything just yet. I'll probably wait til August.

Just don't wait too long. Buddy's is probably the #1 spot for divers. We tried to book buddies three months out and were to late to get a 2 bedroom condo. It was in more of a prime time (February) date but just don't push your luck.

BDSC

I totally agree, don't wait, do it asap. I tried to book at Buddy in early Jan for July, they were full any of the 3 weeks I could go. They are popular and are often full even in low season.

Wow. Thanks for the advice. I'm booking today!

Take heed of the hurricane advice for that time of year. Hurricane season runs at least to the end of Nov. Trip insurance is a good bet in either case. Bonaire is traditionally out of the hurricane zone. Some boat insurance companies will even offer better rates if you take your boat there during the season. All other things seem about equal to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom