Roatan or Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good choice in Bonaire. Dive where you want and when you want. You're only limits are the ones on your computer.
Many many sites to choose from. Even the rockier entries really aren't bad. Make sure you have good soles on your boots. For surface intervals we went horseback riding, th the donkey sactuary, drove around the island, watched the windsurfers (next time we will try that). There is good food all over the island and the restaurant at Buddy's is very good. We also bought food at the local grocery store and cooked in. Don't miss the night dive at the town pier.

Sounds like you got some great advice. Don't miss out on the mixed grill at Casablanca and the ice cream stand in Rincon. Both are excellent. We'll be there in September for our third trip in two years, so I'll let you know if anything pops up new and "must see."

Awesome! I would appreciate that. Everyone I have spoke with about Bonaire love it. How do you all compare it to Grand Cayman? We usually stay at the Sunset House.

Awesome! I would appreciate that. Everyone I have spoke with about Bonaire love it. How do you all compare it to Grand Cayman? We usually stay at the Sunset House.

I like it better than Grand Cayman. But I've only been to Grand Cayman once and Bonaire like 6 or 7 times. But when it comes to just pure diving, the best place I have been is Little Cayman. Incredible vis and coral/marine life. Grouper so friendly you can pet them. I am headed to Cayman Brac in May. I hope that will be as good as Little Cayman. I've heard it is. I would never go back to Grand Cayman for just diving. Not that is was bad or anything, but for about 30 more minutes of flight time, you can have it so much better at the sister islands.

But you can't go wrong with Bonaire. You'll have a great time. And eat at Richards and Casablanca if you get a chance.

BDSC

BDSC, Brac is nice. You'll enjoy it.

Hmmmm. Now this talk with Little Cayman. I'm wondering. Should I skip Bonaire and just go to Little Cayman? Is there more to see? I know there isn't night life, but I'm all about getting wet. Where would all of you go? Will I be out of hurricane season?

But when it comes to just pure diving, the best place I have been is Little Cayman. Incredible vis and coral/marine life.
I also prefer Little Cayman to Bonaire if diving is the only criterion.
I would never go back to Grand Cayman for just diving. Not that is was bad or anything, but for about 30 more minutes of flight time, you can have it so much better at the sister islands.
30 minutes of flight time and three hours of layover time for me.

But you can't go wrong with Bonaire. You'll have a great time. And eat at Richards and Casablanca if you get a chance.
I agree with this as well. Bonaire gets points for its laid-back vibe, direct flight from Newark, and its easy, no-schedule diving, which is also quite good. I'd add Capriccio, Mona Lisa, and the new Indonesian restaurant in Kralendyk to the restaurant suggestions.

Hmmmm. Now this talk with Little Cayman. I'm wondering. Should I skip Bonaire and just go to Little Cayman? Is there more to see? I know there isn't night life, but I'm all about getting wet. Where would all of you go? Will I be out of hurricane season?
I think the diving's a little better in Little Cayman, but the regimented diving and meal schedule (Little Cayman Beach Resort) and more difficult flight plan tilt the scale in favor of Bonaire for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom