Roatan north shore vs. south shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to receive suggestions reccommendation
I'm AOWD and a becoming rescue diver (PADI) . I'll reach 100 dives in 2 years very soon, I'll be in Infinnity Bay resort from 11th to 18th of january 2010. Would you please help me to find a good friendly professiional dive shop (reasonable negociable price/dive) near the Infinity Bay Resort. What are the best divesites not to miss I have to insist to go to. I'll bring all my gear stuff except bottle and lead weight. Thank you !!!
Lucas

I have never used them but Bananaramma dive shop (sp.?) which is just a 2 minute walk away from Infinity is supposed to be quite good.

We used Bananarama in 2008, they are excellent, I would strongly recommend them. As for dive sites again the diving on Roatan was great. Spooky Channel wasn't so spooky, the channel portion reminded me alot of diving in lakes, not much to see, however the end when it opens to the reef is very nice and tons of big grouper, snapper. I think someone said one of the resorts fed the fish where Spooky opens up, consequently the little beggars (ahem... BIG beggars) hang around.

I'd like to receive suggestions reccommendation
I'm AOWD and a becoming rescue diver (PADI) . I'll reach 100 dives in 2 years very soon, I'll be in Infinnity Bay resort from 11th to 18th of january 2010. Would you please help me to find a good friendly professiional dive shop (reasonable negociable price/dive) near the Infinity Bay Resort. What are the best divesites not to miss I have to insist to go to. I'll bring all my gear stuff except bottle and lead weight. Thank you !!!
Lucas

Mayan Divers - we spent over a week diving with them last year, they are a 5 minute walk down the beach from you located in the Mayan Princess Resort. They are safe, well organized, a good value (I don't know about negotiable- personally I wouldn't negotiate with a dive shop, no dive op is getting rich or in it for the money), and very fun to dive with. Anja and Liber are married and run the dive operations along with their employees Vera and Umberto. They will do all the best dive sites on the north side and are open to trips around the island to the south side too.

Thank you, very much, your answers help me a lot !
I'll be there in Roatan in less than a week !
I'll keep in in mind that Bananarama and Mayan Divers are close, of infinity , professional, and reliable.

Lucas

Thank you, very much, your answers help me a lot !
I'll be there in Roatan in less than a week !
I'll keep in in mind that Bananarama and Mayan Divers are close, of infinity , professional, and reliable.

Lucas

Lucas,

We just came back from Roatan last week. We stayed at Turquoise Bay, nice clean and quiet hotel, friendly staff. Subway water sport is a good dive shop. We rented a car and did shores dives at Fantasy island (shipwreck and DC3).

JL

Back
Top Bottom