Roatan - Inn of Last Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you going with the Fullerton college / Sea Ventures group? I've been thinking about doing that as well, but just haven't convinced myself to commit to using up all of my vacation time at a relatively new job yet...especially when my normal dive buddy won't be able to go with me.
I haven't heard anything about the resort either, so I think that's part of what's keeping me from committing. Hopefully we'll get some feedback here....

I am going with the Fullerton group. Traveling with Rhett and his crew is awesome. My brother dives with them a lot and we have been to Cozumel and Fiji with them...too bad we didn't get any feedback. Must not be a very well known resort, because these guys seem pretty up on their stuff...

Y'know, Koolaid, I was just in Roatan at CoCoView (incredible in every way!). Great times, awesome water and underwater life.... even a whale shark!!

Anyway, all I have to contribute is this: on the way out, at the airport, I met another diver who had spent her week at the Inn of Last Resort. She said the diving was fantastic, and inexpensive, that she had a great time. I didn't have time to ask her for specifics or about the dive operations there, but she was clearly satisfied with the resort and the diving and wholeheartedly recommended going there.

That said, I do hope you get other responses from people who've been there.

Koolaidjob:
Thanks Cliff - from what I've been hearing, it sounds like you can't really go wrong on most of the island.

KAJ: Listen harder and longer- trust me, that aint the case. The IoLR is well within the top 10 on the island- have no fear.

There are many others that range from frightening to dangerous. And then they might even take you diving!

You should enjoy your stay at the Inn of the Last Resort. Look around the island when you are there. You'll be a few minutes from Bay Islands Beach Resort (BIBR) and Anthony's Key (AKR) ... as well as the oft discussed "West End". A 1/2 day outing to see the South side's Fantasy Island (FIBR) and CoCoView (CCV) would be worth your time.

No one place is for everyone, but the IoLR will not be a disappointment.

Go slow, look for the small stuff, take a magnifying glass!

RoatanMan:
KAJ: Listen harder and longer- trust me, that aint the case. The IoLR is well within the top 10 on the island- have no fear.

There are many others that range from frightening to dangerous. And then they might even take you diving!

You should enjoy your stay at the Inn of the Last Resort. Look around the island when you are there. You'll be a few minutes from Bay Islands Beach Resort (BIBR) and Anthony's Key (AKR) ... as well as the oft discussed "West End". A 1/2 day outing to see the South side's Fantasy Island (FIBR) and CoCoView (CCV) would be worth your time.

No one place is for everyone, but the IoLR will not be a disappointment.

Go slow, look for the small stuff, take a magnifying glass!

I was wondering where you were :wink:

Back
Top Bottom