Roatan Diving - any good packages via resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been there. Nice place. However, if you are going there specifically for shore diving, don't do it. You will be disappointed. Actually if you are going to Roatan specifically for diving, don't do it. There are many locations with better accomadations regardless of your plans to Roatan.

Just Got Back From Fantasy Island Three Weeks Ago - Great Value - But Only A Small Step Up From Dive Camping. The Winds Have Played Havac All Year And The Visibility Has Suffered - Lucky For 50' - 60'. The Grounds And Resort Are Outstanding And The People At Fantasy Were Great - Unfortunatly The Boats Are Not - Had To Get Towed Back In On Two Different Days And We Were Not The Only One. They Say That Newer Boats Are Coming - Hope So. The Rooms Are Definitly Auster, But They Have All You Really Need - The Food Was Mediocre But There Is A Large Selection And All You Could Want. For The Price - It Was A Great Deal With Lots Of Diving - Up To 4 A Day If You Can Handle It - And The People We Met Were Some Of The Best Friends You Could Want. We Dove 2 Days At Akr With The Dolphins - Those Were The Dives Of A Lifetime! We Usually Do The Sharks At Stuart Coves In The Bahamas (another Great Dive) But For $125 You Will Never Have A Better Experience. All In All - Good Place When You Know What To Expect.

hi
my name is dave harvey and we are currently building a vacation home in roatan and it will be ready to rent 12/13/08 and would love to offer you and your friends a good deal for your vacations
we are located on the south shore just up from cocoview and fantasy island we have 5 reefs just of shore from us so diving them would keep you busy all week and and buy shore diving you wont loose your entire day so you will have plenty of time to see and do lots of other activities we are close to everything from zip tours or jet skiing or airplane tours or horseback riding you can contact us by e-mail or phone my wife and i just got back from First Bight this is where the house is located and had a great week of diving and hiking
and the breeze does keep the bugs down. best of luck for what ever you decide on
Dave and Divine Harvey our houses name is roatancasamariposa and you can find our site under that name

hi
my name is dave harvey and we are currently building a vacation home in roatan and it will be ready to rent 12/13/08 and would love to offer you and your friends a good deal for your vacations
we are located on the south shore just up from cocoview and fantasy island we have 5 reefs just of shore from us so diving them would keep you busy all week and and buy shore diving you wont loose your entire day so you will have plenty of time to see and do lots of other activities we are close to everything from zip tours or jet skiing or airplane tours or horseback riding you can contact us by e-mail or phone my wife and i just got back from First Bight this is where the house is located and had a great week of diving and hiking
and the breeze does keep the bugs down. best of luck for what ever you decide on
Dave and Divine Harvey our houses name is roatancasamariposa and you can find our site under that name

There is tons of life at the end of the dive at Spooky Channel. That's if you start inside the channel and work your way to the second marker buoy. You could just spend the dive on the second marker, which lies close to the reef wall. Barracuda Bob and several large groupers will await you. There is other life on the inside as well, but little things sometimes don't make prime time. Taking the time to find those little things and finding them is quite rewarding for some of us. I can appreciate the desire to see the bigger stuff and Spooky offers one of those places as far as Roatan is concerned. It also has a bunch of swim through areas which are quite fun.

CCV is great, been ther twice, however if you can get a reservation now a days, good luck. That's how cool it is there. We tried to get a reservation for the end of October and all they could provide was a beach house, and if some thing opened up they would move us. The beach house is a bit far waya from the resort. They give you the use of a bicylce to get to and fro, too cool huh? I will miss it There were no cabanas over the water or bungalows either. I was a bit dissapointed but we are going to experience something different at AKR's. We are actually looking forward to it. I know that accomodations are on the little island and you take a water taxi but are the boats really "Cattleboats" ? I hate crowded boats. Anyway it will be great, cattleboats, rain, what ever.

Good Divin',
George

Hello,
I highly recommend Fantasy Island over the others. There is only one road to the island so you are very safe. The offer all kinds of excursions, some of which my family has done that I recommend are the shark dives, going to the jungle to go rafting , etc. Make sure to bring tons of mosquito spray for the "no see 'ems" Other that this, they had native indians doing a tribal dance. Food was really good BUT DON'T DRINK THE WATER OR EAT THEIR FRUITS AND VEGGIES!!!!!! My husband was sick all week. They have kayaks to visit around the area, a sunken plane to explore in the bay, tons of huge sand dollars that I scored off the reefs. Tons of mariane life. The bay in the front of the hotel is marvelous. YOu can lay out there at night and watch the lighting off in the distance. Rent a car to travel thru the jungle or to the south end of the island to Swim with the dolphins. Out of the majority of the locations I have been too, this one is right up there. Natives are very poor and will following you looking for a "dollar'. Gas if VERY expensive. College atmosphere on one side of the island by Anthony's Keys Resort. We were detered to this island when an Hurricane was approaching Grand Cayman and had to chose antoher island to travel to. This is a wonderful relaxing place. Enjob the atmosphere and the people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom