Roatan Dive Resort for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never have heard of anyone charged for trying to bribe any authority here. Seeing people stopped by police and handing over 500 or 1000 p is not at unusual, done in the open in full view of all.

I would be more worried about being set up. Other forums are full of stories about people being framed. Drugs planted or brought with the police and if the charge is for dealing then there is no bail and the court case can take years to process to whatever conclusion, then sentencing does not take into account pretrial detention.

Once released, they you are charged with overstaying your visa and have to pay all arrears and penalty prior to being allowed to leave.

Conventional wisdom is bribe the first cop make any issue go away and stop it from escalating and getting more expensive.
You make that sound very attractive.

Conventional wisdom is bribe the first cop make any issue go away and stop it from escalating and getting more expensive.

Countries differ. Where I am from this works at the street cop level, but an official in the position to help you cut through red tape would be too afraid of being a target of a sting operation. Unless they believe you to be one of "the old boys".

Back
Top Bottom