Roatan Dive Resort for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, just needs $3000-$4000 in paint? And then totally good to reopen?

How much's a gallon of weathershield low sheen down there?

I'm not seeing the point in giving grief to the guy that took the chance of making his dreams come true and now needs to go back home because life's like that more often than not.

"Resort" is a word often misused or used differently, for many places that I've been in Central America and SE Asia. So I see no point in disparaging that usage here either.

As for price drop, I'd expect that a good portion of it dropped when the realtors were taken out of the equation.

It has 16 units but only 9 bathrooms, does that mean that the units share a bathroom?

I would also guess that other than the boat of unspecified condition that there is no dive rental gear there. That could add another 100k for tanks, gear, compressor etc. No mention of a pool for dive training or recreational use for the guests.

The pictures look like a construction camp, no landscaping, nice walkways, shade trees etc,

Lots of better looking deals here.

Dive Centers for Sale

It has 16 units but only 9 bathrooms, does that mean that the units share a bathroom?

I would also guess that other than the boat of unspecified condition that there is no dive rental gear there. That could add another 100k for tanks, gear, compressor etc. No mention of a pool for dive training or recreational use for the guests.

The pictures look like a construction camp, no landscaping, nice walkways, shade trees etc,

Lots of better looking deals here.

Dive Centers for Sale

Where would this be?

Dive Center for Sale - Caribbean diving at its finest; Caribbean lifestyle like no other—really!

A mystical place with no crime?

And then if we compare apples to apples, in a way, since on same island, West End Divers, my personal favourite is for sale for considerably more. But kaching!!!!

Meanwhile, Tourquoise Bay is doing OK. I don't think it is for sale but it's also quite off the beaten path on Roatan. This leads me to believe that someone with the right vision, expertise in marketing, etc.,could create a good diving centre . . .or have a wonderful home away from home . . .or maybe it is a great spot for condos for divers.

Oh my gosh, wouldn't I love to have a place in North Sulawesi! I don't intend to marry an Indonesian to make that feasible, so there's that.

But Roatan, maybe maybe . . .

I'm not seeing the point in giving grief to the guy that took the chance of making his dreams come true and now needs to go back home because life's like that more often than not.

"Resort" is a word often misused or used differently, for many places that I've been in Central America and SE Asia. So I see no point in disparaging that usage here either.

As for price drop, I'd expect that a good portion of it dropped when the realtors were taken out of the equation.

Just

I only take issue with the claim that the place needs a $4,000 paint job, when in other listings, the place was described as a teardown. Would hate to see someone else take a chance on making his dream come true only to find he'd been sold a money pit . . .

Just

I only take issue with the claim that the place needs a $4,000 paint job, when in other listings, the place was described as a teardown. Would hate to see someone else take a chance on making his dream come true only to find he'd been sold a money pit . . .

One person's idea of a teardown is just that, one person's.

Someone else might see a way to fix the insides and perk up the facade.

How much landscaping is needed? A couple of my favourite places are approached by a path through a bit of jungle.

I know it doesn't cost much to get a guy with a machette to mow some things down.

Did any of you ever stay at BIBR on Roatan?

This one aint going so fast. "Dump" is a generous descriptive.

This one aint going so fast. "Dump" is a generous descriptive.

You've been there?

Back
Top Bottom