Roatan - Coco View Resort or Aggressor Liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have actually decided to do both. We are booked on the May 25th Aggressor, and then we have the Mango Suite at CCV from June 1st thru 8th, so I'm looking forward to providing my feedback to this post after the trip. I have just ordered a ton of insect repellent to take with us for the CCV week. Any recommendations for things to do or eat on Roatan?

A good salve for the bug bites is Tea Tree oil. Instant relief. You can order it online pretty cheap.

Appreciate the suggestion.

LOL - after you smell it let me know if you still feel the same way... Dont sit next to me during dinner... :)

LOL - after you smell it let me know if you still feel the same way... Dont sit next to me during dinner... :)

Used in small amounts (as it should be) the odour is not so bad. I just dabbed my arm with some and I can barely smell it after 10 seconds.

Only if you don’t do the math.

The AKR buy-one-get-one is absolutely a fact, however the “starting price” is grossly overinflated to manipulate the perception. You can indeed save a mere $125 over a week for two people. AKR is the closest thing to CCV, but AKR falls at least $62.50 per person short in my book, and I have first hand experience at both locations.That marketing come-on is a bit of flimflammery.

How did you do your math?

Let's compare apples to apples to see what the numbers really say.

Over the water room at CCV including the Mango suite: 1539 x 19% tax = 1831.41 per person for CCV or $3662.82 for a couple.

Over the water rooms at AK: 2499 x 19% tax = 2973.81 and that is for 2 people.

$3662.82 CCV
$2973.81 AK
$689.01 less for a couple to stay at AK for a week over staying at CCV.

How did you do your math?

The discussion was about AKRs supposed “two for one” sale. It’s what might called a come-on.

I used a calculator.

I used a calculator.

Might want to get yourself a new calculator. Maybe you can share what numbers you used.

To claim a couple will save a mere $125 is a bit of “flimflammery”.

Used in small amounts (as it should be) the odour is not so bad. I just dabbed my arm with some and I can barely smell it after 10 seconds.
That's called adaptation. YOU can't smell it, but anyone else still can......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom