Road-Trippable Dive Sites for North Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, not only is there a heartbeat it's alive and kicking!

Several subjects to reply to.

Diving sites in Texas- I think it was Texas Monthly I heard about that had an article on Texas diving places. I will find more out about that. It can't be too hard to go to the library to find that out. Or unless Seahunt uses his hightech computer skills to research that in a quicker fashion.

Uvalde- I was there several yrs ago and couldn't get over how clear the water was especially after seeing only Lake Arlington. I don't remember the water being cold at all. However, what was a blast ( I didn't know anything about diving then) was the rapids and floating down them on a tube. This was the Rio Frio . I don't know what the rapids would be like in the fall.

New Mexico- I think that's a very nice place to visit. The beautiful mountains and in October I think is when they have the baloon festival.

:martini: I think the swampers can celebrate somehow to bring this back to life!

TexasMike once bubbled...
Joens = tall guy with dark hair from Amarillo???

Thats me.
If you ever take a road trip anywhere this direction PM me I am always up for a dive if I am not working.

I went to college in Arkadelphia, AR where DeGray Lake is located. It is about an hour north of Texarkana on I-30. The state park at DeGray has pretty good shore dives, good visibility. Lake Ouachita is about 2 hours from DeGray the diving there is even better, but colder as it it deeper. But both lakes are cold.

joens once bubbled...

I have relatives in uvalde and go there often
¡Madre de Dios! Mi tíos viven en Uvalde. :wacko:

I wonder if your relatives know my relatives? :D

Uvalde is a small place .

Since you brought up North Texas sites.....

Does anyone dive Lake Grapevine?

As for Lake Murray - we got O/W certification there. It is ok. The visibility was only about 4-6 feet, but there were a LOT of fish. (unfortunately - they love hot dogs.... don't know how those got on their diet!)

There are a few cars and even an old 386 computer down there.

Plenty of camping sites available there, too.

Penny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom