RMO T-Shirts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterskier1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

Last weekend at Chatfield, a fellow RMO suggested we have some RMO T-Shirts so when we go on dives, we can more easily find our fellow RMO divers. Some of us are new, and don't know many of you divers. :embarassed: So, I checked with ScubaBoard (HowardE) and he said we could use the ScubaBoard Logo :thumb: He also suggested a possible source for custom T-Shirts. I also have a possible source.

Divemoose suggested we have a contest for the design of the new RMO T-Shirt. I think this is a great idea :yeahbaby:. But, I don't know much about running a contest. :ne_nau: I am willing to handle researching the printing (or possibly embroidery) but would rather defer the the contest and design judging to some others. Any volunteers out there :director:? I'm sure some of you have had some experience in contests - even if it's just from winning some :wink:.

So, how about it? Who would like to see if we can create an RMO T-Shirt? :cheerleader:

That sounds great. I can picture a crazy steer with SCUBA gear on, or something like that. But, I'm no artist. I'd buy one, though.

Oh man, my dad's not the internet type...but he's 70-years-old...lives in Colorado...and is getting his OW cert next month. I'd love to get him a shirt to wear when he visits me in FL to dive.

If you have a contest, first find out how many colors you can get silk screened for a reasonable price. I don't know anything else...

Thanks for a great idea Waterskier.

The last thing I NEED is another T-shirt. But I WANT that one.

How to depict the oysters? One approach is CON8IV’s.
Another is more subtle with the words Rocky Mountain Oysters and a design with aquatic oysters in it (perhaps with a mountain backdrop). That leaves the viewer to wonder whether there really are oysters up here, or whether we’re referring to the culinary delicacy.

I’d also like to see our slogan included. I think it was ABQdiver who came up with:
&#8220;Divers with Altitude&#8221;. < Note that he didn&#8217;t say attitude. >

So that leads to one possible design suggestion:

On the back:
&#8220;Rocky Mountain Oysters&#8221; across the top.
&#8220;Divers with Altitude&#8221; across the bottom.
And in between, a drawing with some cartoon oysters (perhaps with eyes) in a mountain lake.

On the front:
The Scubaboard logo above where a pocket would be.

CON8IV:
That sounds great. I can picture a crazy steer with SCUBA gear on, or something like that. But, I'm no artist. I'd buy one, though.

I like this and can invision it...

a steer with scuba gear on (mask on forhead), slightly bent over with his front legs crossed over in front of his 'oysters' :eyebrow:

add wording like knotical mentioned

throw in the diver down flags too

There are a number of online places where you can sell and buy custom apparel and other stuff. Cafepress.com is one place. I have a store there and the cafepress products are of decent quality. When you open a store you can charge whatever price above the base price. If you order from yourself, you only pay the base price and if you order 15+ pieces, you get a discount on that price. With the free cafepress store, you can only have one design per product. With the paid store, you get unlimited designs per product.

I love it! I knew this would get everyone's interest. I really like the steer with the mask on his forhead (clearly a nod to the dork divers). Now we just need the artistic type to capture all this creativity.

knotical:
Thanks for a great idea Waterskier.

The last thing I NEED is another T-shirt. But I WANT that one.

How to depict the oysters? One approach is CON8IV’s.
Another is more subtle with the words Rocky Mountain Oysters and a design with aquatic oysters in it (perhaps with a mountain backdrop). That leaves the viewer to wonder whether there really are oysters up here, or whether we’re referring to the culinary delicacy.

I’d also like to see our slogan included. I think it was ABQdiver who came up with:
“Divers with Altitude”. < Note that he didn’t say attitude. >

So that leads to one possible design suggestion:

On the back:
“Rocky Mountain Oysters” across the top.
“Divers with Altitude” across the bottom.
And in between, a drawing with some cartoon oysters (perhaps with eyes) in a mountain lake.

On the front:
The Scubaboard logo above where a pocket would be.

I love this idea and your design sounds great to me.

Dan:cheers:

I'll give it a go over the weekend. I downloaded some pics via google for some inspiration. I can picture it in my head, just have to get that onto paper (I'm no artist by any stetch of the imagination and I haven't stayed at a holiday inn for a few months now)

Back
Top Bottom