RK3 Fin Size Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLiebmann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking for affirmation before I return the fins I just purchased. I just ordered a set of Apeks RK3 Fins in the Super Size. I am a Size 12 foot and all the sizing charts indicated that the Super is the size I needed. I read some reviews that said they run a little small and go larger size if in doubt. Well, I put on my Aqula Lung boots and when I put my foot in the spring strap is loose. It stays on my heal but there is no tension at all. If I really push my foot forward there is space between the heal and strap. If I put them on and wiggle my foot it settles and the strap lightly rests against my heal. My only concern is if I return them and go with a large it may be too tight? Any thoughts? Should I stay with the Super? Unfortunately there are no local dealers where I can try them on so its online or nothing.

Thanks for any help.

I am looking for affirmation before I return the fins I just purchased. I just ordered a set of Apeks RK3 Fins in the Super Size. I am a Size 12 foot and all the sizing charts indicated that the Super is the size I needed. I read some reviews that said they run a little small and go larger size if in doubt. Well, I put on my Aqula Lung boots and when I put my foot in the spring strap is loose. It stays on my heal but there is no tension at all. If I really push my foot forward there is space between the heal and strap. If I put them on and wiggle my foot it settles and the strap lightly rests against my heal. My only concern is if I return them and go with a large it may be too tight? Any thoughts? Should I stay with the Super? Unfortunately there are no local dealers where I can try them on so its online or nothing.

Thanks for any help.
You need a large, I have the same size foot you do, get size large.

Large Rk3 with 7mm boot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 118
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom