Rita and Twin Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
Did TL suffer any damage due to Rita? Anyone know if they will be open this weekend?

I have not been there in a few weeks. But I don't think it would have suffered any damage cause we didn't get that much rain or strong wind this far west. But if someone knows otherwise let me know. Cause it doesn't look like I will be getting offshore.

Last time I was at Twin Lakes I noticed the wrecked airplane. Any word about when it will be sunk and if any help is needed to get it ready to sunk. I am not sure how much help I could be but I have tools at the house and mightbe about to cut off some one the sharp edges before it is sunk.

jstuart1:
Did TL suffer any damage due to Rita? Anyone know if they will be open this weekend?

I live very close to TL. I don't think there was any damage at all. Maybe a tree branch or two down and some loose leaves. I had no damage at all at my house. We had some wind.....nothing to write home about. I don't know what the plans for the 'plane are. You might send Mike an email at their website.

Regards,

jstuart1:

My son and I did a couple of dives on Sat morning. Everything is normal there. :D We did two dives and had a great time. Viz seemed normal, 10 to 15 feet most places. First dive was just a warm up, second dive, we surface swam over to the end where the bus is and dove on it :14: and the boat on that end, then swam back all the way to the end by the entry gate. We saw a couple of turtles :11: , lots of fish, then swam through the trailer on that end when we got there. There is some erosion on the bank from the wind driven waves, and the water level is still down. Let's hope we get plenty of rain this winter to fill up the lake for next year!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom