RIP Marc Weiss :-(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Condolences and support to Robert during this hard time. Our thoughts are with him.

Robert,

I am so sorry to hear this news. Becky and my condolences to you and your family. It does lighten my mood to know that you got to spend a week with him on Bonaire last year.

Jeff

Thank you for posting about my brothers passing, that was very kind of you.

I have reflected on the influence Marc had both throughout my life in general and in the past nine years specifically as well as that of many divers throughout the dive community. In one day there have been 1900 viewings of the Scubadiving.com threads (three in total) announcing his passing. He had many friends in the dive community.

Marc also had a direct impact on the local dive community. If it were not for him, I would not have gotten back into diving and taken the path that brought me to where I am today. In brotherly competition I was motivated to pursue similar interests as Marc such as underwater video, scuba instruction, and ultimately establishing Lake Travis Scuba. Marc has a captains license and frequently talked about operating a dive boat in a blue water desination. I took the idea to the local level. If it were not for Marc, we would not be diving the many sites from Giant Stride.

While I have lost my brother, my dive buddy and my friend I have the many memories of our incredible dives throughout the world. Marc brought the world to me and me to the world.

Marc was passionate about rescuing manatees and has a favorite organization that we will be establishing a memorial fund in his honor. I will post with details when available.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Marc was passionate about rescuing manatees and has a favorite organization that we will be establishing a memorial fund in his honor. I will post with details when available.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

that sounds like a fitting tribute for such a kind and gentle man...please do let us know.

Just saying it again here...always enjoyed the stories you told about Marc. Really sorry for your loss. Comm fund is a great idea.

First let me begin by saying how much we appreciate your kind words about Marc and support during our time of mourning.

Marc was passionate about the protection, rescue and rehabilitation of manatees and would want any donations to benefit these amazing animals.

We will be contacting the Manatee Rehabilitation Partnership to establish a fund in Marc's honor. You can make donations using the following link.

Manatee Rehabilitation Partnership

Thank you for sharing your kind words during our time of mourning.

Sharyn Weiss, Kenny and Robert Weiss

Back
Top Bottom