RIP Dr. Bill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could a plaque/plate be done at one of the gear benches?
There is a petition to to City of Avalon to rename the Dive Park.

Yes, I know there is a petition... but I don't know that the petition carries any interest from the City [Council?].... Especially from an online source vs. handing them a significant paper signed document (I work in local government, been there, seen that) Something like plaquing a bench can be accomplished even without as much action as renaming a site..... That photo of him at the bench is a true representation of what happened there, and seems fitting.

I'd love to see the "park" renamed, but don't know if the petition/request carries enough weight....

Are local Shops and Stores involved? How large of a base (number) of signatures will be obtained?

Has there been any comment from the City in regard to his passing?

Plan "B" if it looses momentum?

I have always enjoyed reading Bill's nature posts. And his many writings on scuba equipment (especially XTek stuff) were really useful. I don't know anyone who managed to get as much lifetime use out of personal gear.

I don't know, didn't really think about it, just seemed like the natural thing to do.
You're very kind for even answering such a question. :wink:

2015-08-16-0034.jpg
What a fighter. RIP Bill. Such a unique, kind person. Brilliant mind and a great sense of humor. I was fortunate to dive with Bill on a Red Sea trip. Will not forget this man. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. This is very sad news.

Dr. Bill at the pyramids of Giza.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom