RIP Dr. Bill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoyed his many contributions here, but never got to meet him on the island.

RIP

So sad. I always read his informative posts. You can gleam his sense of humor and dedication to educating and Catalina from them.

May you find your mermaids, Dr.Bill...

Condolences to his family and friends.

I never met him, but I've been reading my way through his collected newspaper columns over the last couple of years and I've come to think of him as the Ed Ricketts of our time.

For anyone interested in the columns, which is essentially his 904 chapter magnum opus, you can find them at:

1-901 - Star Thrower Educational Multimedia (S.T.E.M.) Products: Weekly Newspaper Columns
902 - DIVE DRY WITH DR. BILL #902: GET YOUR VITAMIN A FROM A JAR!
903 - DIVE DRY WITH DR. BILL #903: NOT YOUR PLAYBOY "BUNNY"
904 - DIVE DRY WITH DR. BILL #904: THOSE AREN'T PUMPKIN SEEDS!

A diver's diver always enjoyed his posts RIP Bill!

I met Dr Bill in 2009 when a group of SB members met on Catalina Island to dive. We got to meet Bill and dive with him.

RIP, Bill.

I never had the chance of meeting Bill, but to me he was someone with tremendous wisdom and knowledge that he was always to share with other divers. Truly a Scubaboard legend.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Drats...

I came across an old post of his yesterday and wondered how he was. He will be greatly missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom