rinse or not rinse bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd rinse my bag after salt water dive.
Especially on the Zipper... I almost had to ditch a bag 'coz salt crystal stuck the zipper.

If you had salt crust on the zipper and can't pull it open, try some warm vinegar solution on the zipper...

Sprey some WD-40 on the zipper may help prevent it.

Wobbegong_Thai:
Sprey some WD-40 on the zipper may help prevent it.

Keep the WD40 away from your dive gear. WD40 turns rubber into goo and isn't very good for a lot of plastics either.

jtrain01:
Sounds good to me. Anyone have any good tips on rinsing and drying equipment in the winter months??

Bathtub is the best since you can get gear really saturated -- a good 30 minute soak in lukewarm water. Get those lead soft weights out very quickly. They'll make the water murky and dirty. They just need a quick rinse. Delicate gear like my computer, compass, whistle, mask and other assorted geear from my pocket go in the hand sink- again to soak in luke warm water. Pull plug on tub and begin gear removal. Tub will be drained as last piece of gear is removed. Shower sprayer for drysuit should ensure very clean water for valves & zipper. Drysuits are often neglected by quick rinses. Make sure valves are immersed, but keep A crunch of space in my sports room made me come up with maximum dry in minimal space. I carry my gear to and from the tub into the drying room in a rubbermaid container. I have a closet maid rack (24") wide set up at at chest height where I can have all the delicate gear go on the rack safely drying without fear of other items crushing it. I hang my BCD on a dive hanger, hood and two sets of dry gloves on another dive hanger on a rod attached under the closet maid rack. Immediately to one side I have an extra long hook (sticks out 8") where it is positioned 7' off the ground. Under all of this is a bathmat. It is out of the way of normal traffic and not in an area of high heat or lots of light. Next morning I can flip water out of the regs and remove the bathmat. Sopunds complicated, but i've got this routine down so I can minimize mess and time in cleaning gear while knowing that it is very clean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom