ringeyed hawkfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like it! You might try the Unsharp Mask to get a little more focus.

Dee:

Oh-kay...I do not know how to do that. Do I just hit the button or is it going to ask me all sorts of things like "how much"?! Trial and error??

JRO...missing? Did you post before I realized I had (yet again) posted without the pic?? Another blonde moment by me LOL Or is there something you feel is actually missing in the pic...comments always welcome!

Go to the FILTER menu, go to SHARPEN and choose UNSHARP MASK.

You'll have to play with the sliders but if you have preview checked, you'll be able to see what each does.

I watched the sharpness of the eye....Not a huge difference but it helped.

Dee:

Tried this on another picture and it's pretty cool. Obviously don't have it down yet, but have played a bit with the % only. Haven't touched the pixel thing (set at 1.0) or the threshold (set at 0). Only applied to whole image as still don't know how to do something to only one section! (I think my skills go backwards as now I can't get the text tool to write on my pictures <sigh> and I used to be able to do that...luckily DH is buying me a book today, I hope!)

Go ahead and play with the pixel thing! That's how you learn what they do!

Dee:
Go ahead and play with the pixel thing! That's how you learn what they do!

I gotta play with one thing at a time...and I SHOULD be working instead of playing, but I have been good all week and just need a break!

Thanks for the tips...I doubt I would have gone in there and played with it in the near future otherwise!

The colors look good to me! As for the name in my book it is called an "arc-eye hawkfish", but the latin name is the same so go figure!

justleesa:
The colors look good to me! As for the name in my book it is called an "arc-eye hawkfish", but the latin name is the same so go figure!

Thanks for confirming the name for me :) Common names vary so much...at least both of these make sense!

I think the colours are pretty much right...I have some old film pictures but none with such a lovely pose...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom