ringeyed hawkfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina, are you using full time auto focus? If so you may want to try using the shutter half way down method instead. IMHO I think it works better underwater.

I'm from being any expert on Photoshop but you can also try using the lasso tool and capture only the fish with it then use the unsharp mask on it separately from the rest of the photo if it looks like you are over-sharpening the entire photo.

Gilligan - I can't remember what I was doing in HI! I think sometimes I might have used the half shutter thing because I usually do with my own cameras...but I was borrowing justleesa's (coz she is a hero!) and I had only first turned the thing on right before the dive! So mostly point and shoot on these shots.

I can't seem to get the lasso thing to do exactly what I want it to do...my efforts with PS are a bit weak so far! I will keep trying and DH is going to get a book on PS while he is in the city, so hopefully that will help. It is very frustrating to not be able to do these "basics"!

Gilligan:
alcina, are you using full time auto focus?

Alcina was using the stylus and it only offers auto focus, but you can do the half down thingie....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom