Rig Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lackingcreativity

Contributor
Reaction score
I am somewhat unfamililar with Texas Rig diving and was hoping I could get a couple of suggestions on operators to use for a day of diving in the gulf?
Thanks

Contact Ascuba Venture in Corpus Christi: www.ascubaventure.com
They do rig trips 2-3 times a week. My favorite boat is the "Orion" in Port Aransas....they book through Ascuba Venture

Depends on your experience, too. Not to sound like a square but if you're new to diving the Gulf is no place for a rookie.

Aggie Diver:
Depends on your experience, too. Not to sound like a square but if you're new to diving the Gulf is no place for a rookie.

I have plenty of experience going 30-40 miles offshore in other parts of the gulf. I am a Naui Master scuba Diver and believe that I have quite a bit of experince. I just moved back to the area and was hoping I could get some infromation on dive charters in the area, not just lectured on how I don't have enough experience. Besides it really ins't your place to judge people on experience based on an internet post.

lackingcreativity:
I have plenty of experience going 30-40 miles offshore in other parts of the gulf. I am a Naui Master scuba Diver and believe that I have quite a bit of experince. I just moved back to the area and was hoping I could get some infromation on dive charters in the area, not just lectured on how I don't have enough experience. Besides it really ins't your place to judge people on experience based on an internet post.

I agree! boy some people are quick to judge huh? I only had 5 dives under my belt when I went to Hawaii. My first dive was a wreck at 118' I came up ok....Of course I was with my friends one being an Instructor the other a Dive Master...I have yet to do a rig dive I am interested in going sometime. I am going to the Flower Gardens for 3 nights the first of August..

I doube seriously if Aggie was juding you. You didn't mention your experience in your post and he was just bringing up a very good point.

AggieDiver didn't judge, nor lecture you. He only brought up a safety point, trying to give you the info you need to make a decision about the diving, since your post said you were "unfamiliar with Texas rig diving."

Good luck, hope you find a good op and have some great dives. I'm not familiar with rig diving (Texas or elsewhere) either, wish I could help you with op suggestions, but I will be watching this thread for info also.

Foo

I have not dove with any of these operators.

Options include:

Ultra Dive

I can't find any others in freeport. I don't know if there just isn't a market for dedicated dive boats in Texas, or the supply just isn't there. Other than the rigs, there really isn't any reef off the Texas coast and vis stays crappy near shore more often than not. I do know, a boat can't make any money by just operating two or three months a year.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom