Rig Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BMETdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am interested in finding out about inexpensive rig dives that I can easily get to from the San Antonio area. Have heard of the Little Adam dive but need one for me and a relatively inexperienced diver. Any advice?

Here's some info I got from Frogmans Dive Center in Port Aransas:
We arrange charters for private boat captains for groups of 4 - 6 people. The cost ranges from $165 to $185 per person. The diver provides his own food and drink as well as own gear. The dive shop here can rent you gear, tanks. etc if it is needed.Tanks rent for $10 each per day. We have aluminum and steel tanks that can be rented at that rate.

The trips generally go to the rigs that are about 25 miles off shore. They leave around 7:30 and get back around 6:00. One boat is 37ft and has a hard cover over the cockpit for some shade. Another boat is 40ft. and has an air conditioned cabin. Most of the trips leave from Fisherman's Warf in Port Aransas.

If you are interested in confirming a charter please call me at 361-749-3434. I hope that this information was what you were looking for.

Annita
Frogman's Dive Center

You may want to check with them about any changes; this is info I got some time ago.

Back
Top Bottom