Riffe Camo wetsuit for ScubaDiving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Was wondering if anyone here has one of these and uses it for scubadiving, there real nice looking and from what i hear keep you very warm, there great freediving suits but I would like to get one and use for scuba as well, any thoughts.?

There was a recent thread on using freediving suits for scuba. The general consensus seemed to be it's not a good idea. Difficulty of donning and easier compressibility were the main reasons IIRC

openhelix has summed it up nicely.

If you're often doing freedives it my be worth it, though. The Riffe Cryptic and the Yazbeck both seem to feel the same (which is to say, fantastic), generally I've seen the Riffe about $70 more. The Oceaneer RC45 is made from Yamamoto 45 (yum!), but not the same interior finish as the Yazbeck, so it takes a couple more dunkings a year into mirazyme to keep it nice smelling.

<shrugs> I have scuba wetsuits, and freediving wetsuits, and select them for the task.

All the best, James

I do both so I may get a Riffe camo and be done with it, they are very warm and comfortable from everyone I have spoken to who owns one. Just have to be careful with them they are not as durable wehn it comes to BP/Wing straps and such but they are easy to don on and off and warm.

My scubapro is getting a bit worn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom