Rex Beach / Breakwater 6/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twiddles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Really bad visibility at Breakwater last weekend but hey diving is diving right? Nice to finally run into a couple people from the board. Ran into Jim and Justin who had a couple of students (looking huddled and cold, but excited). Talked to Jim a bit and he was nice enough to help me out with my Dive Rite BC issues. Thanks again Jim.

Left Breakwater looking for better conditions. Stopped at an unmarked beach and ran across a diver who was coming out with a big grin on his face and asked about the area. He said the place was called Rex beach by the local surfers but was normally not diveable due to the surf. We decided to give it a shot after getting a short brief from the diver. Absolutely perfect dive. Cove is a bit shallow but very nice reminded me a lot of Gerstle Cove but with better viz. Lots of fish, some jellies but not too bad. Really enjoyable dive.

Crazy weather it was hot and humid at breakwater. By the time we got our gear on it was raining on us at Rex Beach with lighting and thunder just offshore, crazy sound hearing thunder under water. By the time we surfaced it was sunny and getting warm.

Headed to CATALINA TOMORROW!!!! Wooooot 3 days of straight dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, sleep, etc... :). Stay safe everyone. I will fill you in on the details when I get back.

Hey Buddy it was my pleasure to meet you and have a chance to help.

Again it was great to meet you, Keep in touch and lets dive sometime!!

Great dive report and right on the Money, Where was this Rex Beach as I have never heard of it??

Also .. Have a great time in Catalina, It is some of my best and favorite diving, Um...... Keep your heads up for the great white that was playing with the kayak that I just read about on another thread!!

Enjoy your trip My Friend.!!

It was great to meet you at the breakwater!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom