Revo vs JJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just back from a shallow low-viz dive in water laden with sand and debris. Pleased to see that the cheap cover kept almost all of it out of my head.
20201112_141214.jpg

20201112_141249.jpg

This was the sum total of what filtered down to the head.
IMG_20201112_145243.jpg

That sand on the second ring was washed down when I pushed the button to release the head. There's none on the second ring except there in the front center. The amount of sand held in that button recess gives you an idea of how lousy the conditions were. About 2-3' vis. :(

@Geo7, you have a reasonable concern. As @taimen pointed out, there's little that's hidden from the ambient pressure loop. In fact, the nylon covers that cover the loop hoses before the T-pieces hide a lot more (first pic).
IMG_20201112_141944.jpg

The only covered connection of note is the O2 hose to the solenoid on the right above.
But as you can see, the "seal" around the hose is loose.
IMG_20201112_141614.jpg

While you might conceivably miss a fine stream of micro bubbles, that wouldn't likely affect the dive. Anything significant would bubble right up the gaps around the hose.

This looks great, and I would agree that LP leaks would still be evident, while the ambient (loop) components we typically expect leaks are mostly outside the cover. As I said, I love this solution.

I don't have any experience with the JJ, but some of the reasons I bought a Revo:
  1. Dual Scrubber Design
  2. Ability to use 5 O2 sensors
  3. RMS Sensors
  4. Slim profile
1 and 2 are probably interchangeable as far as priority are concerned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom