Question rEvo in GUE style.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does that mean I can connect the BOV directly to my DIL and only then switch to the stage? Or how do you do it if you have to get down to 50m from the device, for example? It's too deep for the Deco Stage, so switch to the Bailout Stage? The risk of taking the wrong bottle in a crisis is a bit too high for me. I'm GUE trained and generally think the training is good. But I'm not really keen on the JJ, more on the rEvo. Hence the questions. What do you do if the buddy is OOG?

If you want to cut with an axe, get training from someone who cuts with an axe.

If you want to cut with a razor, get training from someone who cuts with a razor.

Don't train with an axeman and then go and try to use that training to cut with a razor.

rEvo is a great CCR. If you want to learn to dive one, learn it the rEvo way. Have some level of faith that at least some of the people using rEvos for seriously big dives (and they are out there) actually know what they are doing and don't need to go get GUE training in order to dive their rEvos safely.

After you have some experience with it, THEN start contemplating if there is anything you want to change to make it more GUE-like.

I suspect the revo cylinder mounts are way too flimsy to support lp50s or even al40s. The whole frame of the revo would need to be reworked (somehow) to support the backmounted bo/dil.

If you want to dive this way get a unit which is more adaptable to do it. Most of the backmounted tubes can manage: JJ, Meg, X-CCR.

I suspect the revo cylinder mounts are way too flimsy to support lp50s or even al40s. The whole frame of the revo would need to be reworked (somehow) to support the backmounted bo/dil.

If you want to dive this way get a unit which is more adaptable to do it. Most of the backmounted tubes can manage: JJ, Meg, X-CCR.
Depending on the unit size (micro vs mini), you may not have enough space to fit AL40 or LP50 given the existing mount holes and the sorb cover. I am too lazy to check it now.

You can dive with three 3L tanks: 2 mounted as usual, one mounted on top of either DIL or O2. But that's really about it. Don't attempt to mount anything larger than AL19 on either side.

rEvo is a good unit, but if you want to go GUE style, it is just not it. There are better options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom