Revisiting the Office with OE2X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsteding:
Jealous, I've yet to dive with OE2X . . .

Sounds like a good time, a great report-I felt like I was there with you all.

Tomorrow is Deep Sea to Davidson, James Island and Black Rock, hopefully it isn't a snot-o-rama up there as well . . .

You should post a report after your trip. Davidson Rocks is one of my favorite dives.

WOW. Im impressed again. with the diversity of species up there in washington. I cant wait to visit at the end of this month.

grunty.jpg

Grunt sculpin [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Common name:
Grunt sculpin

Scientific name:
Rhamphocottus richardsoni

Size:
2-3 inches, maximum of 3.5 inches

Distinctive features:

Short and stocky with a pointed snout. Awfully cute!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Diet:
small fish and invertebrates.

Life expectancy:
4+ years

Distribution:
Southern California to the Bering Sea

Where it lives:
generally found in deep waters to 540 ft, along rocky bottoms and areas of sand mixed with cobbles, often taking refuge in giant barnacle shells.
[/FONT]
DOT_sm.gif
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Current Creature Gallery[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Grunt sculpins Factoid:
Grunt sculpins 'crawl' around the bottom using their pectoral fins. One scuba diver had this to say about grunt sculpins "Anyone who has seen a grunt sculpin knows that these guys make you want to giggle through your regulator. They are so cute as they "buzz" around the bottom like a big fat bumblebee."
[/FONT]

Yup, and those little grunt sculpins are really fast when they wanna be. They are one of the favorite critters up here.
K

BTW, my Fundies instructor went in to dive just after we got out of the water, and estimated the viz at about two feet!

Grunt Sculpins are one of my favorites.

I haven't had the chance to dive with OE2X in ages.... Thanks for the great report.

Back
Top Bottom