Reviews for the Apollo Bio Pro fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k ellis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
When I started diving in 2007 I was talked into buying a pair of twin jet maxes which really soured my taste on split fins. Though they worked really well in local quarries and on local dives they proved for me to be very difficult to even keep up with the group on ocean dives. I Often would give up and let them swim off and I do my own thing since even trying cost me so much air.

I switched to the Aqualung slingshots and these proved for currents and so forth to be alot better diving but they do have a few drawbacks.

When I took my dive master course I was 1 point shy of the required 12 points and no matter what I did I just could not get the times on the excercises where they need to be (I lost a ton on the swim as I am not a power swimmer)

My instructor loaned me his pair of Apollo Bio fins and at first I thought they were over rated as I felt like I was kicking without fins on. I did though decide to go ahead and complete the tired diver tow in which I had started and the time was ticking. To my amazement though I was watching the ceiling of our indoor pool at the shop and noticed that it was moving rather quickly and I was not straining my calf muscles.

I know each fin varies in its effectiveness but it seems the Apollos in general have had extremely good reviews with only a few negatives?

Are they really that much better then the twin jet maxes? Any one have any information that they can compare maybe in a local quarry or lake and compare that to a drift or strong current dive?????

Any information would be useful!

I own 4 pairs of the Bio fins (all with the OEM SS fin straps) 3 pairs of the 'regular' version, and one pair of the 'firmer' XT version. IMHO, the Apollos are the most awesome fins ever invented! (used to own a pair of TUSA "Zoom" splits (sold), and still also own a pair of DR 'paddle' fins, although I haven't used them in years, bought 'em for some 'tech' classes where 'splits' are a big no-no!)

I've been diving for 10 years now, in good...bad...and ugly conditions, and I trust my Apollos with my life, they have defeated every challenging condition I've presented them with, they are a non-negotiable part of my essential 'kit'!

FINS Apollo Bio-fins Pros - Divernet

Fins that kick - Divernet

28 FINS ON TEST - Divernet

Fins - Divernet

As a dive guide, I can not agree with 'scubafatastic' more! I dive for a living; a good mask and pair of fins are the most important dive equipment you can own. Reqs & Bcds are a distant second in my professional opinion. Quality comes with a stiff price but well worth it in the long run especially when father-time comes creeping up on you.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom