Review: Seasoft Sunray 3mm Dive Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ironborn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I decided to buy a pair of dive boots for my recent trip to Bonaire. The blisters on my feet that I had received from the strong current in Cozumel while wearing closed-heel fins persuaded me that it was worth investing in substantial foot protection for this next trip. My pre-trip research indicated that the sharp rocks and other potential hazards of Bonaire shore entries and exits warranted thick-soled boots. I researched the various dive boot options, and the Seasoft Sunray 3mm boots jumped out at me. Many of the other thick-soled boots were 5mm or 7mm, but I wanted 3mm boots to match my 3mm wetsuit. Previous reviewers noted that these thick-soled boots had served them well on Bonaire.

I went to Leisure Pro's store in New York to try them in person, and they felt better than the other options that I had considered. The normal price of $80 would have been a bit steep, but there was an in-store discount that lowered the price to a more reasonable $65. I used them in 24 dives in a week on Bonaire, with dive socks. My feet suffered no injuries or any discomfort throughout the whole trip. The boots were also comfortable and sturdy enough to use as regular footwear. I would recommend them to others that want substantial foot protection for tropical shore diving on Bonaire or elsewhere.

I use these boots. I think they're great.

My first pair lasted almost 4 years.

This is great info. I'm going to Bonaire in January and was hoping to leave all of my New England, keep me from freezing to death, 7 mm gear at home. Boots are the last thing on my list to source. Thanks for the review!

Erik

I like the athletic sole. Mine are kinda worn out from off & on use over the years, but I keep them. After all, they're for tropical use, so an extra hole in the side isn't that big a deal. The largest they make are size 13-14 last I checked, so they're snug on me (size 15), but workable.

Richard.

I like the athletic sole. Mine are kinda worn out from off & on use over the years, but I keep them. After all, they're for tropical use, so an extra hole in the side isn't that big a deal. The largest they make are size 13-14 last I checked, so they're snug on me (size 15), but workable.

Richard.

Yes, the athletic sole is a nice touch too. They gave me good traction, and I never slipped on any of those slippery rocks during the Bonaire shore entries and exits. They also worked well as sneakers walking to and from the dive shop.

With the athletic sole, will I need a different size fin (larger)? I currently wear a 7 mm Aqualung superzip ergo. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom