Review of Frog Spit Anti Fog for Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew J Mills

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As far as I can see from search there was not another post on Frog Spit so thought I would post a link to a review I recently wrote after testing it over a series of dives!

Review - Frog Spit - No Rinse Anti Fog for Scuba Diving Masks

IMG_4145-300x300.jpg

Good write up. Sounds like an interesting product. Might have to check it out eventually. Just curious, are you affiliated in any way with the product?

I use "My Spit" it too is biodegradable and costs nothing. I get that some people might be concerned about contracting an eye infection but in more than a decade of using My Spit I never have. I found it works 100% of the time. Diluted baby shampoo works just as well. Personally I think de fogging agents are expensive and largely unnecessary. I'm curious to try it though, if ever I can buy locally.

Good write up. Sounds like an interesting product. Might have to check it out eventually. Just curious, are you affiliated in any way with the product?
Hi Thrash, No not affiliated in any way. I actually purchased the product at a dive show to test out. Sometimes we are given a product to test, if thats the case we will have a disclaimer that we were given the product.

---------- Post added August 24th, 2015 at 11:40 AM ----------

I use "My Spit" it too is biodegradable and costs nothing. I get that some people might be concerned about contracting an eye infection but in more than a decade of using My Spit I never have. I found it works 100% of the time. Diluted baby shampoo works just as well. Personally I think de fogging agents are expensive and largely unnecessary. I'm curious to try it though, if ever I can buy locally.
As silly as this sounds, I used to just do my own spit, but I found sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not, or example on the first dive it worked and then the second dive it did not or vice versa. I ended up deciding in my mind that maybe it was if I had a drink within x minutes before etc! Anyhow I now use commercially available just for consistency. I am not a fan of baby shampoo and I don't like the scent (I know weird!) and most of the times they are not reef friendly. Agree that commercial are expensive but the consistency was why I switched.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom