Review: Diving Concepts Crushed Neoprene Dry Gloves.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just had a pair turn up in the mail (thanks Chris). They look pretty good - careful when ordering the sizes, as they look to run a little large - I ended up ordering "Large" based on the measurements, and my wetsuit gloves are XL - and the Diving Concepts gloves are still slightly large on my hands, but will be okay.

Thanks to some anti-war protesters who have blockaded my office building, I'm at home all day so I'll have some time to play with the installation.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Actually there's pictures of them in the last Rodale's magazine.

Unfortunately here in switzerland I'm not able to find rodale's.
Neither I was able to find a pic in internet.
Since I always dive in very cold water they would be a great add to my gear; I contacted the guys at Covci foe avaiblity, but I'd like very much to see a picture of them, if someone in the board would be so kind to post one he would have my gratitude

putting the rings on your suit??

I could be wrong, but I always thought talc was to make the seals more slippery, not to "preserve" them. I don't use talc on my wrist seals(I have DC rings).

I mounted my rings so there is a latex seal against my wrist, but by twisting my wrist, I can break the seal to equalize pressure between the suit and glove. No tubes.

In theory, latex has no memory... but I think it will stretch out a little from new.

If you haven't done it already, go get a wheelbarrow innertube to make protective covers for the exposed wrist seal area on your suit (UP's tip, and a great one!)

It was a bit of a PITA - one went on fine, but the other had an o-ring that was a bit twisted, and kept popping out of position. Finally got it on. I thought I'd attach the gloves without the inner seal for a bit more comfort - will see how it goes.

I've been told to coat the seals with talc in storage to help preserve them - need to read up on that a bit.

Thanks for the sizing of the inner tube - I saw that on here but didn't know what size to get.

I had a lot of fun installing the rings by myself, one went on perfect, the other didn't match up, it probably would of been funny to watch, but experiencing it was a different story. So I'm at the dive shop and the guy's about to install a pair of rings on a suit like mine and I ask him what the secret is to installing them, he says there isn't any secret, then asks me to put the ring into the cuff while he stretched it out....
It's a lot easier with two people!!

My DC owners manual says nothing about talc on the seals for storage, only if needed when putting the suit on, actually they also say to be sure it is not scented . They do recommend cleaning the latex seals in non detergent baby shampoo(Johnsons) every 20 days of use or so.

You will love the gloves, try them without the liners first, they aren't needed unless it's really cold, and they screw up dexterity.

Ben,
Thanks for the pics. They look closer to a 2 or 3mm glove. how is the dexterity? They look sweet, now I wish they would make them also in a non ring style.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom