Returning to Cozumel in Feb. Any suggestions? All the Same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI, we returned into JFK last week and prior to boarding in CUN, we had to fill out a covid form on-line. When we arrived in NY, we got a text advising 'We did not need to quarantine"..there were National Guards stopping folks after customs looking for these forms...I showed him our text and off we went...it took no more than 12 minutes from plane to taxi!

Enjoy your stay!

aww nice. i was a little worried about the mandatory quarantine thing. thanks for the heads up.

If you have some flexibility, we found the Ultramar ferry a much nicer ride, larger, more stable and a coffee bar. After New Years they expanded their morning schedule relieving some of the crowding, though I'm not sure they are staying with that schedule. The latest times and dates (odd or even) are on their facebook pages.

I just read a FB post they are stopping the sale of alcohol in bars and restaurants. Is this correct?

If you have some flexibility, we found the Ultramar ferry a much nicer ride, larger, more stable and a coffee bar. After New Years they expanded their morning schedule relieving some of the crowding, though I'm not sure they are staying with that schedule. The latest times and dates (odd or even) are on their facebook pages.
and they have considerably more OUTSIDE seating than Winjet!

Outside as far forward as possible seems the best to me, but I would be concerned about the waiting in line.

Doesn't workout so well when it's dark and raining.... kinda just like my recent crossing!

What I was really wondering as I was standing in line is that it seemed like 80% of the people didn't have luggage and I'm assuming were day trippers. Given the wait in lines and the crossing itself why would anyone do that just for a day trip? It's like 3 + hours wasted or more if you need to wait for the next ferry.

Doesn't workout so well when it's dark and raining.... kinda just like my recent crossing!

What I was really wondering as I was standing in line is that it seemed like 80% of the people didn't have luggage and I'm assuming were day trippers. Given the wait in lines and the crossing itself why would anyone do that just for a day trip? It's like 3 + hours wasted or more if you need to wait for the next ferry.
Snorkel trips. watch them offload the ferry and immediately board a boat at the pier...and off they go.

FYI, we returned into JFK last week and prior to boarding in CUN, we had to fill out a covid form on-line. When we arrived in NY, we got a text advising 'We did not need to quarantine"..there were National Guards stopping folks after customs looking for these forms...I showed him our text and off we went...it took no more than 12 minutes from plane to taxi!

Last three trips we have filled out those forms (paper and via QR code) and not been asked for them. DFW and MIA. Last trip was through MIA Dec 18th. Puzzling.

Last three trips we have filled out those forms (paper and via QR code) and not been asked for them. DFW and MIA. Last trip was through MIA Dec 18th. Puzzling.
We were given that form by the United Airlines check-in agent at the Cozumel airport for the return trip through Houston. We were asked to fill out prior to going through immigration. No one thereafter asked to see it or took it from us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom