Return to Mammoth Lake - CHUM dive outing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sushi Boy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
CHUM has a long history with Mammoth Lake in Lake Jackson. We had a cookout in the lake bottom before it was even filled with water, and got to see the boats, trucks, submarine, etc before they were "sunk".

And yes, there was an actual mammoth discovered there.

020520-001.JPG

We're excited that the lake will be reopen to the public for diving in April.

We didn't want to wait that long though, so CHUM will be returning to dive at Mammoth Lake on March 14th and get a little preview of the enhancements at the dive park as they prepare for their re-opening.

Want more info? Check out this thread for the full low-down on our plans.

Looks like we're going to have good turnout for our Mammoth Lake event. If you're interested in joining us, check out the above post.

If I wasn't already DMing an OW class here locally, I'd almost consider making the trip down there to dive with y'all. But I'll be freezing my (insert obscene body parts here) off herding cats that weekend. Maybe next time I'm down that way I can check it out though. Post pics if you can!

Back
Top Bottom