Retired my BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steve2281

Contributor
Reaction score
I made a couple of cold water dives today and retired my old Dacor BC after 384 dives. Though I won't buy from Dacor anymore, it was sure a good one. Picked up my new backplate and Venture wing; can't wait to get this baby wet. Pat me on the back, I even bought it from a dealer.

congrats on the BP/W. I'm sure it's hard to give old faithful. I don't have enough dives in to worry about that, but I have had to retire other things in my life.

steve2281:
I made a couple of cold water dives today and retired my old Dacor BC after 384 dives. Though I won't buy from Dacor anymore, it was sure a good one. Picked up my new backplate and Venture wing; can't wait to get this baby wet. Pat me on the back, I even bought it from a dealer.

Just like you I retired my old Scupapro BCD after approx. 300 dives and move to the
BP/wing Set-up. If I knew what I know now I would have retired the Scupapro BCD a lot earlier.

I retired my Oceanic Chute 2 after 600 dives. At one time it was a nice shiny black but now its completely brown. It still works great but doesnt look like that good. Such a great BC. I have about 100 or so on my new one a Trans Pac 2 with a Rec Wing and looking forward to many more.....=)

Brian

Which Dacor is it? I have a Dacor dual bladder horsecollar with both CO2 and auto inflate that has been in use since the mid 70s. I would think at 300 dives it is just getting broken in good? The one I have has the CO2 in the upper chamber and the power inflator in the lower chamber which is under the tummy when in a swimming positon. Just curious what you have there. Mine is orange/red on the top and black/gray on the bottom and has way more than 300 dives. N

Nemrod:
Which Dacor is it? I have a Dacor dual bladder horsecollar with both CO2 and auto inflate that has been in use since the mid 70s. I would think at 300 dives it is just getting broken in good? The one I have has the CO2 in the upper chamber and the power inflator in the lower chamber which is under the tummy when in a swimming positon. Just curious what you have there. Mine is orange/red on the top and black/gray on the bottom and has way more than 300 dives. N

I have the "Nautica" with weight system. It's only about five years old. You're right, it's not wore out; I just wanted the BP/W.

just wondering guys,

from a new divers perspective who has only 2 dives on his first bc ( aeris xt, but looking to ditch in favor of a brigade for fitment reasons) when the time comes around and my bc is old, worn out and playing chess with itself in the bc retirement home, what will i do with it? do u guys A) store it in a loving way in your basement/ garage B) sell it on e-bay or to whoever will buy it, C) deep 6 it?

curious minds want to know.....

Well I decided to bring my old Chute 2 out of retirement and I have about 200 more dives on it bringing the total to about 800 dives. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I wanted to conserve my Transpac for tech diving then ended up switching to a back plate and wings setup. Will I ever make up my mind???? Now I dive the Chute 2 for working dives and single tank dives and the back plate for my Doubles....

As a new diver (10 dives), I am now shopping for gear. I keep seeing the BP/W setup being mentioned. Is this appropriate for a new diver? Trying to make the best choices as I venture into acquiring my personal gear.:14:

d_x_man:
As a new diver (10 dives), I am now shopping for gear. I keep seeing the BP/W setup being mentioned. Is this appropriate for a new diver? Trying to make the best choices as I venture into acquiring my personal gear.:14:

Welcome to the board.
You have just ask one of the most debated questions on this board. You are going to get a bunch of people tell you the BP/wing is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't agree, I have dove them and was not that impressed. I would suggest you beg, borrow or rent a bunch of different types of gear and see what best suits your needs and likes. It may be a BP or it may not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom