Retained Stage Breathing Order...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're going to want to redo your math... It's a LOT more than 200psi per stage....

36cf*2640/85=1100psi. On doubles/sidemount divide by half so 600psi per stage....

I believe I poorly worded myself. Take 600 off the top before calculating thirds. Works out to about 200 psi less you can breath on the way in.

No, you turn at 2600.

Straight thirds:
Start at 3600 (1200/1200/1200)
Turn at 2400 (1200)
Exit using 1200 (leaving with 1200)
Final reserve 1200

Shaving 200 off penetration gas
Start at 3600 (1000/1000/1600)
Turn at 2600 (1000)
Exit using 1000 (leaving with 1600)
Final reserve 1600
I need coffee apparently, my brain is not functioning, thanks for fixing math.

I believe I poorly worded myself. Take 600 off the top before calculating thirds. Works out to about 200 psi less you can breath on the way in.
That's where I was going with that!

Now to go start drinking coffee and let my brain wake up before I start gas blending so I don't make a bonehead mistake like that with trimix....

I need coffee apparently, my brain is not functioning, thanks for fixing math.

That's where I was going with that!

Now to go start drinking coffee and let my brain wake up before I start gas blending so I don't make a bonehead mistake like that with trimix....

I do appreciate you double checking. It's always good know you haven't slipped into some weird procedure you though you learned in a class.

Without getting into math...

Which is good, as I think this isn't really a math problem, and more of a philosophy problem. 1/2+200 or thirds either way you have to consider what you would do in that situation. Unless you are one of those breath the stage down completely type of people.

Ignore the trolls, I have him on my ignore list. I really wish it was like some other sites where it blocked anyone on your ignore list from being to see your threads altogether.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom